I do remember dependent upon my career necessities, I started to find out a digital marketing training institute of worth joining. The most troublesome part was to find information as there were several present, abandoning me jumbled, literally indecisive. Also, it was really awful to experience the thing that you barely locate any fair review in terms of knowing the institutional uprightness.
This is the reason why on completion of my course at DSIM, I chose to come up with a review, with possibility of being reasonable and straightforward.
- Knowledgeability: Our batch was trained by 4 trainers in total and in the wake of measuring this specific parameter; trainers at DSIM were proficient with grasp on the modules taught. However, I didn’t get happy with the trainer, who covered Mobile Marketing. The topic becomes really important keeping in mind that people these days are moving on mobile and summing up the entire topic in just 4 hours is relatively less.
- Delivery-method: Discussing delivery-method, it was effective as trainers used to take lessons referring to practical examples and this supported trainees to learn with convenience.
- Friendliness: Trainers were friendly in nature and this gesture led us to get settled with them and to show up the involvement during sessions.
- Open to query solving: We were able to ask thoughtful questions (as students usually believe, can’t say about trainers) during sessions, as trainers were open to queries and tried to solve maximum of these.
- Experience: Trainers were professionals with industry experiences, subject to their picked areas.
Overall, trainers were good especially ‘Karan’ and ‘Kunal’.
Management is supportive; Management is responsive towards issues raised in terms of training as well as support arrangements. They give their thoughts and work on feedbacks received, whether positive or negative.
Support is ok; There is lack of workforce in support staff and as the institute has too many trainees, the responses sometimes come delayed. The team needs to hire more.
Good classrooms, can be turned out better with decoration and paintings. Internet connectivity is there but it is advisable to carry your own if you can, as some of the classmates were caught downloading movies from ‘Torrent’.
Digital Marketing Course
They pretty much covered everything but my personal interest was more towards Internet Advertising and Lead Generation. I also found AdSense and Affiliate Marketing class very informative as there were many people in my class who wanted to make money as Freelance Digital Marketer.
But overall I think the time allotted for the completion of the course could have been more, because if you don’t revise yourself, your 4 months goes in a hurry. Digital Marketing for any businessman is a must-do-course, you must learn how to sell online but as said earlier, study yourself.
Practical Delivery and Hands-On Experience
Be prepared to invest some money in Google AdWords and PPC (I invested Rs. 500 into each), if you want to really learn how it works? Rest DSIM provides free software which can be used to capture additional leads on your website.
Not all software are amazing but most of them are really worth it. I think the best is you end up with your website using WordPress.
Job Placement Assistance
There were few people in my class who joined DSIM to make career in Digital Marketing. I didn’t know all of them but at the time we wrapped up with training, two girls who used to sit next to me got placed in Accenture Gurgaon.
Rest myself, I am looking to hire digital marketing freshers and I don’t think there is shortage of jobs, aspirants provided you have knowledge.
So, don’t download movies in class.
For me certification wasn’t important but lots of guys were happy to pick up Google certified professional certification. I think this can help you get a job, but don’t see much benefit for Business Owners.
I think this is one area where DSIM needs improvement. There were 37 people in my batch and it was a mix of fellow business owners, people seeking a career and inexperienced executives. Ideally, I would have preferred DSIM dividing two types of batches.
- One for: Business owners and executives
- Other for: Job seekers, aspirants and students
This avoids unnecessary delay as people at times do ask dumb and silly questions.